Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Response to Comments


To Larche,
I like how you really elaborated on my post. Your comments were the most helpful ones that I got because they really made me think about how I could have added more to my post about the issues of technology. Also, your constructive criticism on my piece helped me realize I could have put a lot more into my own post like how you had mentioned the lack of physical activity technology brings upon us. I had only been focusing on one of the issues when you had tackled many of them and had talked about us as a community when I had only been talking about myself. I feel that technology can be so addictive to the point were we can actually become unhealthy because of lack of exercise. When you mentioned on your blog that technology keeps people from basically going outside because they can use the internet for almost anything, I began to question what the future holds for us. Something your blog really had me think about is that we have way to many opportunities on the internet and what kind of effect it will have on us in the future which leads me to believe that we both might question what kind of opportunities will the internet have for us in the future? Since it is already so advanced, is it even possible there will be any major improvements? Thanks for the great comments and advice!


To Kiana,
I really liked how you could connect to my mishap with my phone, it made the comment feel very friendly and personal. The way you had written felt like you had actually taken some time to read what I had wrote and your response just felt like you really had understood what I had gone through, which was comforting :). Your advice about expanding on my ideas was very helpful, especial your advice about how I had started my sentences in my blog. “Also by starting off your sentences with a stronger view point (basically stating your idea in the beginning of the sentence and then going onto explaining it) can be very helpful” This was so helpful! It made me feel as if maybe how I had written my entry was confusing or not interesting which is something I can definitely work on avoiding. The way you extended on my thoughts about being empty without something as silly as your phone had me thinking about how dependent we are on material items. We have become connected to so many material things like credit cards, chargers (for phones, computers, Ipods etc...) our computers and so much more that weren’t needed years ago which leads me to a question I believe both of us would be interested in, if our generation suddenly had to live like a previous generation that didn’t have advanced technology, how do you think we would react? Would we even be able to survive? Although both our blogs were some what personal, yours revolved around not only you but what had been happening to others like when you mentioned a quote someone had said earlier in class. Mine had only focused on one time when I had lost my phone which makes it less interesting. Thanks for the wonderful advice and all the great comments!
To Sam,

I still can’t see your page! Its weird I don’t think anyone else is having this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment